New Hampshire Residents Relocating to Windham


  1. Present to the Town Clerk’s Office documentation from the closing of  your home (ie. HUD statement), or, if renting, you must present 1 of the  following: a signed lease or rental agreement, a Notarized Written Statement (PDF) from the current property owner confirming your residency, or a current utility bill within 30 days of service.
  2. Make sure that whoever is on the paperwork (i.e title or registration), needs to be the person present at the time of processing the paperwork. If you cannot physically come in and process your own paperwork, you will need a notarized Power of Attorney Form (PDF) for someone else to sign the necessary changes to the registration on your behalf.
  3. We will provide you with a change of address request, which you must complete and forward to the Division of Motor Vehicles within 10 days of moving.
  4. If you do not receive a renewal notice from the Town of Windham for your vehicle, or if your renewal is due the month you move to Town, you must present to the Clerk’s Office your expiring registration from your previous town of residence. If you do not have your registration, you must obtain a copy from the town where it was issued prior to obtaining a renewal with the Town of Windham.