Blind Exemption - RSA 72:37
Applications accepted after January 1, 2023 - Deadline to apply is April 15, 2023
The Town of Windham has adopted an exemption for the blind. A resident of Windham who is legally blind as determined by the State of New Hampshire Department of Education, Bureau of Services for Blind and Visually Impaired shall have the exemption amount of $15,000 subtracted each year from the property assessment. The applicant must occupy the property as their principal place of abode and own the property as of April 1st of the year application is made.
- Applies only to primary residential property
- Applicant must be determined legally blind by NH Services for the Blind and submit to the Assessor’s Office a certification letter from State of New Hampshire Bureau of Services for Blind and Visually Impaired.
- Exemption: $15,000 reduction from the assessed value.
- Permanent Application must be filed with the Windham Assessing Department by April 15.
- Applications for this exemption are available at the Assessing Office at Windham Town Hall.
State of New Hampshire Department of Education, Bureau of Services for Blind and Visually Impaired can be contacted at:
21 Fruit Street Suite #20
Concord, NH 03301-8508