Local Drought Conditions
As of September 28, 2020 Town-wide water use restrictions, which apply to all* residential and commercial private well owners and public water systems, remain in effect. Such restrictions have been in place since July 19, and have been implemented in accordance with #WIN 2:00:27:16, Regulation Restricting Outdoor Lawn Watering, to address increasingly severe drought conditions and aid in conserving our water resources. Currently, Level 2 restrictions remain imposed by the Board of Selectmen, as follows:
Per Section IV, Sub-section A. Level 2
- Outdoor lawn watering by odd numbered addresses is allowed on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Outdoor lawn watering by even numbered addresses is allowed on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Outdoor lawn watering shall not occur between the hours of 8AM and 8PM.
If applicable, it is important to reprogram your system to the restrictions set forth above. Please note these restrictions pertain to the watering of lawn areas through irrigation, sprinklers, etc., and are not intended to prohibit the periodic watering of vegetable, herb or flower gardens.
If you are a Pennichuck customer, please ensure you are also conforming to any additional restrictions they may have implemented.
Violations should be reported to the Windham Police at 603 434-5577:
- First violation: Warning
- Second violation: $200 fine
- Additional violations: $1,000 fine
The Town of Windham appreciates your effort and cooperation with this mandatory water use restriction in an effort to sustain our drinking water supply during these dry conditions. Please monitor WindhamNH.gov and the Windham Independent for further guidance and updates.
We also encourage residents to bookmark the US/State Drought Monitor, which is updated each Thursday.
* Per Section VII, the following are exempt: grass playing turf of a recreational field; grass playing surfaces of a golf course, and; grass agricultural fields, including fields used for the production of sod.